Frequently Asked Questions
How we work
Frequently Asked Questions
How we work
1. My home has structural problems. I’d like an structural assessment and a quote. What do I need to do for this to happen?
- Give us a call on 1300 854 115 or get in touch using our contact form
2. What happens when your structural engineers arrive at my home?
- When we arrive at your home, we’ll be looking for the source of your home’s structural challenges
- We’ll diagnose the source of your home’s problems so they can be permanently repaired
- After the assessment, we will explain the problems in detail to you and give you an explanation of what the solutions will be
3. How much will an assessment and quote cost?
- Majority of companies in our industry charge between $500 and $2000 dollars for a structural assessment
- At Buildfix, structural assessments are complimentary
- The extensive experience of our expert team of structural engineers and builders allow them to work efficiently and precisely
- We assess structures and create quotes for FREE
4. How long does it take to get a quote?
- We’re extremely experienced and confident in what we do
- Because of this, we’ll let you know how much your fixes will cost – on the spot
- We’ll also be able to tell you how long the structural problems of your home will take to fix
- After a thorough structural assessment, putting a quote together will take no more than 20 minutes, on-site
- We’ll send you a formal written quotation via email within three business days of visiting your home, along with computer-generated drawings detailing our proposed solution
5. I’m happy with the quote and proposed solution. What next?
- In the formal quotation, a booking link is included as part of the quote
- To confirm that you want to go ahead with the job, all you need to do is click that link
- You’ll be taken to an online form in our customer portal and will be asked few questions
- It will take no more than two minutes to fill in
- After you’ve submitted the form back to us, our customer services team will be in touch with a proposed date and time for our technicians to visit your home.
6. How long will it take to repair my home and how much will it cost?
- Our fully licensed builder’s and technician’s can get into your home, complete repairs within a day or two in most cases
- Structural repairs typically only cost between $2K to $16K
- By employing the latest technology and techniques, we work more efficiently than most building companies
- This is also why you get an outstanding service for a much lower price
7. What happens after the structural problems of my home are repaired?
- After completion of your project we’ll ask you to sign-off on the repairs and will send you a job completion report on the day
- In the report our onsite builder, or technician writes a brief of the process and what was achieved
- This will be followed shortly after with a completion package containing a warranty specific to the job carried out
8. How do I pay and how long do I have?
- We’re flexible in what we accept and take many forms of payment: PayPal, Debit card, Credit card, Bank cheque, Direct bank transfer
- After you’ve received your invoice, you have up to 5 business days to pay the full amount
9. Will my inspection and quote still be complimentary if I live in a rural area?
- This will depend on where you are located in relation to the Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Canberra or Melbourne metropolitan areas
- We understand that you want your home fixed quickly so if you live more than 2 hours drive outside of these areas we will need your help to expedite the structural repair process
- When you get in touch with us we may give you information to help us make a preliminary assessment by remote
- We’ll also ask a lot of questions in which you’ll also have an opportunity to provide photos of the structural issues
- Off the information you provide, we can email you a formal quote as well as the structural repair details
- In the case your home’s structural challenges are more complex, we’ll arrange a visit to assess, however, there may be a small fee attached to this
To book a FREE structural assessment, give us a call on 1300 854 115
Book a FREE inspection today!
Help & Advice
A resource collection of articles, tips and advice