Frequently Asked Questions
How we work
- Give us a call on 1300 854 115 or get in touch using our contact form
- Your inspection request will be received by our receptionist who will pass it onto our project coordination team
- Our project coordination team will liaise with our structural engineers to find out their earliest availability
- Our team will be in touch to make sure their availability is the same as yours so we can visit for an inspection
- When our engineer arrives at your home, they’ll be looking for the source of your home’s structural challenges
- Our engineer will diagnose the source of your home’s problems so they can be permanently repaired
- After the inspection, our engineer will explain the problems in detail to you and give you an explanation of what the solutions will be
- Majority of companies in our industry charge between $500 and $2000 dollars
- At Buildfix, inspections are complimentary
- The extensive experience of our expert team of structural engineers and technicians allow them to work efficiently and precisely
- We inspect and create quotes for FREE
- We’re extremely experienced and confident in what we do
- Because of this, we’ll let you know how much your fixes will cost – on the spot
- We’ll also be able to tell you how long the structural problems of your home will take to fix
- After a thorough inspection, putting a quote together will take no more than 5 minutes, on-site
- We’ll send you a formal written quotation via email within five business days of visiting your home, along with computer-generated drawings detailing our proposed solution.
- In the formal quotation, a “book my job” link is included as part of the email
- To confirm that you want to go ahead with the job, all you need to do is click that link
- You’ll be taken to an online form in our customer portal and will be asked few questions
- It will take no more than two minutes to fill in
- After you’ve submitted the form back to us, our project coordination team will be in touch with a proposed date and time for our technicians to visit your home.
- Our fully licensed technician’s and qualified structural engineers can get into your home, complete repairs within a day
- Structural repairs typically only cost between $2K to $10K
- By employing the latest technology and techniques, we work more efficiently than most building companies
- This is also why you get outstanding service for a much lower price.
- We’ll forward you a thorough report of everything that our teams found and repaired for your records
- Our processes will be explained as well as what was achieved during the repairs
- We will also forward along with your report, your 10-year guarantee certificate and the final invoice for completion of work
- We’re flexible in what we accept and take many forms of payment: PayPal, Debit card, Credit card, Bank cheque, Direct bank transfer
- After you’ve received your invoice, you have up to 5 business days to pay the full amount.
- This will depend on where you are located in relation to the Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong, Brisbane, Gold Coast or Canberra metropolitan areas
- We understand that you want your home fixed quickly so if you live more than 2 hours drive outside of these areas we will need your help to expedite the structural repair process
- When you get in touch with us we may give you information to help us make a preliminary inspection by remote
- We’ll also ask a lot of questions in which you’ll also have an opportunity to provide photos of the structural issues
- Off the information you provide, we can email you a formal quote as well as the structural repair details
- In the case your home’s structural challenges are more complex, we’ll arrange a visit to inspect, however, there may be a small fee attached to this
For general questions regarding subsidence, sinking floor pier and sunken concrete repairs
- To ensure repairs stand the test of time, GeoPoly has been engineered to retain its closed-cell density and last for over 50 years.
- Yes, all GeoPoly repairs come with an industry-leading 10-year warranty.
- Our comprehensive warranties cover both labour and materials. In the rare case your home moves again, we will be back to underpin your foundation at no additional cost.
- If your home has noticeable cracks, repairs above ground could be essential to return the structural integrity.
- Uniquely, Buildfix can repair foundations below ground, structures above ground and cosmetic problems too – saving customers the hassle of organising multiple trades, and the high costs this involves.
- Up to 5 meters below ground level if required. Average injection depth is between 500mm and 1500mm.
- Yes, if conditions are suitable. However, our priority is to underpin the structure by consolidating foundation soils and increasing the load-bearing capacity.
- A lift of 1 – 5mm demonstrates a successful outcome. After it has been underpinned, our technicians will then continue to lift the structure until the required level is reached, or until further injection is not possible.
- We use the latest laser levelling equipment to ensure millimetre accuracy.
- After treatment, the structure will take several weeks to settle.
- Structural works can begin soon after; however, cosmetic work should not start for at least four weeks unless specified by Buildfix.
- As the structure lifts and returns to normal, GeoPoly may cause issues such as; slight cracking, sticking doors and windows and gaps on surfaces.
- These issues are generally regarded as a positive outcome as it shows the GeoPoly has countered the subsidence problem.
- Although these issues may seem alarming, they are regarded as a normal part of the process when underpinning structures and can be easily repaired.
- Reactive clay is a natural phenomenon that can cause structures to heave and subside.
- GeoPoly works to reduce the effect of reactive clay by compacting aerated and damaged soil under footings.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of reactive clay, stand-alone underpinning solutions may not offer full support to a structure. Additional remediation works, such as HelicalBar installation above ground, is always considered by Buildfix to ensure a permanent fix.
- During foundation repairs, GeoPoly sets 95% within two minutes and takes 24 hours to cure.
- Yes, it is environmentally friendly. GeoPoly belongs to the polyurethane family of chemicals – which are classed as non-hazardous.
For general questions regarding wall crack, arch lintel failure and leaning wall repairs
- Our HelicalBars are made from 316 marine grade stainless steel, designed to resist optimal lateral loads and lasts without corrosion for up to 50 years, which meet the Australian standard AS 3700 masonry structure requirements.
- Yes, all repairs come with an industry-leading 10-year warranty.
- Our comprehensive warranties cover both labour and materials. In the rare case, structural cracks reappear, we will be back to fix at no additional cost.
- Our HelicalBar solutions are non-disruptive.
- HelicalBars are installed deep within walls and cannot be seen from the surface.
- Repairs are covered over with our mortar matching system to blend in with the original. Some colour variations may occur.
- Dust and mess from structural repairs are inevitable. To combat this problem, Buildfix only use the latest equipment to reduce dust to a minimum and all work areas are sheeted and covered. Our technicians pride themselves on their cleanliness
- We’ll treat your home as if it’s ours.
- This will depend on the cause of the problem. If subsidence has occurred and wall cracks are evident, HelicalBar installation is often required to ensure a permanent fix.
For general questions regarding rising damp repairs
- DampBlock has been designed to resist rising damp in walls for at least 20 years.
- DampBlock is invisible after 24 hours.
- Removing plaster from walls is rarely required and only recommend if it is loose.
- As walls dry overtime, salts can crystallise and cause issues with plaster.
- However, these problems are rare and very costly, and therefore should only be rectified as and when.
- While injecting DampBlock™ there will be an odour present. After its set, you will not smell a thing.
Book a FREE inspection today!
Book a FREE inspection today!
help and advice
A resource collection of articles, tips and advice